Children’s Reading Skills (3-5 years) – Livesey Children and all age Centre
Are you interested in working with young children, to help them fall in love with reading?
We are looking for volunteers to support children to develop key skills and confidence.
The volunteers will offer support to children aged 3-5 years old who need extra one-to-one attention to improve their language and communication skills, and to engage with stories, books and reading.
- To have a love for reading
- Be able to commit to one hour per week for 12 months
- Log volunteering hours on computer
- Volunteers need to be kind, calm and understanding.
- Ideally have had some experience with young children.
- All candidates will have a DBS completed
- Safeguarding training
- Volunteers will be trained to create an unpressurised environment to take time to listen and get to know each child
Required Age:18 years +
Livesey Children & all Age Centre Andrew Close, Blackburn BB2 4NT