Children & Family Wellbeing Group Support, Morecambe – Detached
Detached is principally targeted at young people with identified vulnerabilities. It is a method of working with young people which operates without the use of a building and takes place where young people naturally gravitate, e.g., out on the streets, in parks, shopping centres and other public areas where young people naturally meet and gather.
Overview of Service:
Lancashire’s Children and Family Wellbeing Service offers support to children, young people and families age 0-19+years and their families. The service identifies as early as possible when a child, young person or family needs support.
The volunteer would be required on Thursday evenings between 6pm – 9pm.
All tasks are carried out under the supervision of a member of staff:
- Support and assist staff in running sessions and activities as required for the group
- Help build new skills, confidence and motivation
- Travelling to the street-based locations either on foot or in a mobile youth centre (bus)
- Patience and understanding
- Approachable and Friendly
- Non Judgemental
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- An ability to motivate and inspire others
- Good Communication skills – Good Active Listener
- Reliable and committed to providing long term volunteering support
Training will be provided where necessary and may be in the form of peer support, distance learning or trainer led.
Volunteers must have completed the required training before any activity can be undertaken and may be asked to regularly refresh training where required.
Mandatory training will include:
- Child Sexual Exploitation
- Data Security Awareness
- Health, Safety and Infection Prevention
- Preventing Radicalisation
- Safeguarding Children Level 1
Required Age:16 years +
Morecambe Neighbourhood Centre, Morecambe Library, Central Drive, Morecambe. LA4 5DL
Apply for this role
If you are interested in this opportunity, first contact the Service Manager for an informal chat. Following this, you can apply using the button below.
Please note: your application will be declined if no contact is made to the Service Manager before submitting your application.Apply Now