Children & Family Wellbeing Group Support – Accrington
Would you like to support a SNAP group on a Monday evening from 7pm?
Do you want to make a difference in your local community?
If you have a few hours to spare each week and can volunteer, consider this an excellent opportunity.
Children, Family, & Wellbeing Service, are seeking volunteers to assist under the supervision of a staff member to help those who access their services.
They require Group Support volunteers for their building-based and Mobile Youth Bus activities.
This opportunity will give a volunteer a chance to:
- Gain experience from volunteering for this opportunity.
- Make a positive difference to a child, young person, and their family.
- Use their creative skills.
- Improve their confidence and self-esteem.
Overview of Service:
Children and Family wellbeing Services, prevention and Early Help Service offers support to children, young people and families aged 0-19+years (0-25 Years for SEND) and their families. The service identifies when a child, young person, or family needs support as early as possible.
All tasks are carried out under the supervision of a member of staff:
- Support and assist staff in running sessions and activities as required for the group
- Help set up the room for group work and tidying up afterwards (Building based)
- Help with building new skills, confidence and motivation.
- Engaging with groups of children, young people and their families.
- Help with supporting children and young people with additional needs.
- Log volunteering hours on Better Impact Volunteers account.
- Patience and understanding
- Approachable and Friendly
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- An ability to motivate and inspire others
- Good Communication skills – Good Active Listener
- Reliable and committed to providing long term volunteering support
Volunteers must have completed the required eLearning training before any activity can be undertaken and may be asked to refresh the training were needed regularly.
Essential training will include:
- Child Sexual Exploitation
- Data Security Awareness
- Health & Safety
- Safeguarding Children Level 1
This post is subject to Enhanced DBS checking.
Required Age:18 years +
New Era Complex, Accrington BB5 2EJ