Carnforth Library – Supporting Library Activities for Children
Carnforth Library arrange activities for Children and would like volunteers to help support them.
Activities will include Baby Bounce and Rhyme and Storytime.
By running regular events they endeavour to help tackle the issues leading to social isolation.
The need for volunteers to help assist the service, by helping under supervision to provide many of the activities and projects is vital.
What are we offering to you?
• An opportunity to share your love of reading and working with children and young people
• An introduction programme and a designated member of staff as a contact for assistance and feedback
• Training and support
• An opportunity you can include on your CV
• Reimbursement of travel expenses.
Sessions will run on a Friday afternoon 2.15-3.00pm.
• Baby, Bounce and Rhyme, Toddler rhyme time, Story Time sessions: Assisting staff to set up the area for sessions, welcoming attendees to the sessions, organise prams, arrange chairs, singing the set songs, reading the chosen books, tidying up after the sessions.
What are we asking for from you?
• Regular attendance at an agreed time
• A positive attitude to young people
• Behave in accordance with library rules and regulations
• Comply with the Volunteer Acceptable Use Guidelines.
• Log your volunteering hours monthly and submit expenses (where applicable) on-line
• Complete minimum level training e.g. safeguarding and commit to further training relevant to role
• be a good communicator
• have patience and understanding
• have confidence when dealing with children and young people
• have an ability to patiently guide and instruct children and young people
• have an ability to get to know the children and young people and understand their interests and motivations
• be friendly and approachable
• be reliable and committed to providing a good service
Please speak to a member of Carnforth library staff before applying
Training will be provided in the form of distance eLearning or trainer led.
Volunteers must have completed the required training before any activity can be undertaken and may be asked to regularly refresh training where required.
Required Age:18 years +
Carnforth library, 65A Lancaster Rd, Carnforth LA5 9DZ