Can you help build it?
Longton Library requires a volunteer to help with their LEGO sessions in the library?
What does this role require?
You will be supporting staff with their Friday afternoon LEGO Craft Activity Games Sessions providing information and knowledge.
This is a Supporting Library activities for children opportunity. Please speak to a member of Longton library staff before applying
Lancashire libraries care and cater for the needs of their local communities and are recognised as a safe space and often the main community hub. The library service is continual involved with new projects to ensure they provide what is needed locally for all ages. By running regular events they endeavour to help tackle the issues leading to social isolation. The need for volunteers to help assist the service, by helping under supervision to provide many of the activities and projects, is vital.
- Craft and Games event: Assisting with the preparation of craft prior to the events, setting up the area for the sessions, welcoming attendees to the session, assisting the children with the various activities as required etc. helping to tidy up afterwards.
- Other activities: in agreement with staff at the library.
What are we asking for from you?
- Regular attendance at an agreed time
- A positive attitude to young people
- Behave in accordance with library rules and regulations
- Comply with the Volunteer Acceptable Use Guidelines.
- Log volunteering hours monthly and submit expenses (where applicable) on-line.
- Complete minimum level training e.g. safeguarding and commit to further training relevant to role
The volunteer should:
- have an ability to get to know the children and young people and understand their interests and motivations
- have an ability to patiently guide and instruct children and young people
- be a good communicator
- have patience and understanding
- have confidence when dealing with children and young people
- be friendly and approachable
- be reliable and committed to providing a good service
- have a genuine love of building with LEGO
Volunteers must have completed the required necessary training before any activity can be undertaken and may be asked to regularly refresh training where required. Training will be provided in the form of distance learning or trainer led.
Required Age:18 years +
Longton Library, Liverpool Road, Longton, Preston PR4 5HA