Burnley Recycling centre shop
Burnley Household Waste Recycling Centre Reuse Shop are looking for dedicated volunteers to help sort, process and sell items saved from the waste stream.
Volunteers will be helping out behind the scenes & have a customer facing role in the Reuse Shop.
Reuse volunteers support the Reuse Shop Site Supervisor with the day-to-day operations of the shop, including cleaning, stock rotation and the preparation of unwanted household goods, furniture and bicycles for Reuse and sale.
Volunteers play a crucial role in the services operations and have helped Lancashire County Council’s Reuse Shops get to where they are today with their valued skills and support. By recognising that one person’s unwanted clutter is another person’s treasure, you can help make a big difference in increasing the amount of Reuse in Lancashire.
What’s in it for you
- Making friends
- Supporting a worthwhile cause at the heart of your community
- Learning and developing new skills (retail, customer service and communication skills)
- Building confidence
- Working as part of a team
- Enhancing your CV and gaining experience in retail operations
- A full induction when you start
We welcome people with a wide range of skills and experiences, so if you have any other skills and experiences that you feel may be beneficial to our Reuse Shop, please get in touch!
- Greeting customers
- Checking all items donated by customers or segregated by the Household Waste Recycling Centre staff for potential Reuse
- Assisting with the preparation and processing of reusable items for sale
- Using creative and practical skills to maximise sales of stock through displays, repairs, testing and upcycling
- Assisting with sales and contributing to a welcoming and productive retail environment
- Promoting the shop and all the benefits of the Reuse shop to customers
- Self-motivated and a positive, can do attitude
- Able to listen and take instruction
- To be relatively fit and active
- Practical and creative skills are welcome but not essential
Training requirements for this role will be provided in the form of distance eLearning. Volunteers must have completed the required training before any activity can be undertaken and will be asked to regularly refresh training when required.
Required Age:18 years +
Burnley Household Waste Recycling Centre. Balderstone Lane, Burnley, Lancashire, BB10 2TJ