Befriending Woodhill House
Do you have a few hours a morning or afternoon a week, to become a befriender at Woodhill House ?
The benefit to residents of having a regular meeting to talk with a befriender helps to increase their confidence, resilience and independence.
The volunteers role will be to talk with and listen to the residents, there is no practical help required.
Support from a Befriender Volunteer can help make a huge difference in someone’s life, even if it’s just a smile.
Before applying – please speak to the Service Manager to discuss the role you are interested in, find out further information and decide if the role is suitable for you.
Please email dso.WoodhillHouseHFE@lancashire.gov.uk and provide a contact number. The Service Manager will then get back to you for an informal chat.
Older people services operates using quality services which are provided in a safe way for all residents. Their core purpose is to provide high quality competitive, and person centred residential and day time support for the people of Lancashire.
Volunteers must be willing to go through an induction process and relevant background checks; this role is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
As a befriender you will:
- Actively support, encourage and empower others to achieve specified and agreed goals and objectives.
- Encouraged to spend some time chatting to residents and possibly sharing your hobbies/ interests therefore helping to combat feelings of loneliness and helping to brighten up a resident’s day.
- Help to brighten up a resident’s day
- Volunteers are asked to Log their volunteering hours monthly on-line
- Complete safeguarding training and commit to further training relevant to role
Befriending/ mentoring volunteers need to:
- Be good communicators
- Have empathy
- Be patient
- Have a caring nature
- Be committed to providing a good service
- Adhere to confidentiality guidelines
- Be reliable.
Training on Safeguarding will be provided in the form of distance eLearning. Volunteers must have completed the required training before any activity can be undertaken and will be asked to regularly refresh training when required.
Required Age:16 years +
60 Woodhill Lane, Morecambe LA4 4NN
Apply for this role
If you are interested in this opportunity, first contact the Service Manager for an informal chat. Following this, you can apply using the button below.
Please note: your application will be declined if no contact is made to the Service Manager before submitting your application.Apply Now