Befrienders required at Bowgreave Rise
Befrienders help by spending time listening to and chatting with the service users. If you can spare an hour a week to support those at Bowgreave please apply to this opportunity.
Older people services operates using quality services which are provided in a safe way for all residents.Their core purpose is to provide high quality competitive, and person centred residential and day time support for the people of Lancashire.
Support from a Volunteer can help make a difference in someone’s life, even if it’s just a smile.
This is a flexible opportunity based on your own availability. Times/ days can be arranged with Bowgreave Rise upon enquiry.
You must be willing to go through an induction process and relevant background checks; this role is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
- Actively support, encourage and empower the service user to achieve specified and agreed goals and objectives
- Encourage and spend some time chatting to residents helping to combat feelings of loneliness
- Help to brighten up a resident’s day
- Log volunteering hours monthly and submit expenses where applicable via an on-line computer system
- Complete minimum level training e.g. safeguarding and commit to further training relevant to role
Befriending volunteers need to:
- Be good communicators
- Be committed to providing a good service
- Be patience
- Adhere to confidentiality guidelines
- Be friendly and have an approachable manner
- Have knowledge and awareness of dementia issues
Training will be provided where necessary and may be in the form of peer support, distance learning or trainer led. Volunteers must have completed the required training before any activity can be undertaken and may be asked to regularly refresh training where required.
Required Age:18 years +
Bowgreave Rise, 1 Garstang Road, Garstang, Lancashire