Befriending Support Volunteer -Woodhaven Home
Did you know?
Older people services operates using quality services which are provided in a safe way for all residents.
Their core purpose is to provide high quality competitive, and person centred residential and day time support for the people of Lancashire.
That is why Woodhaven are wanting Befriending volunteers, their role would be to help to positively engage individuals and help them to take part in the various activities that the home is running on those particular days. The benefit of having a regular meeting with a befriender helps to increase the confidence, resilience and independence of the service user. Befrienders actively support, encourage and empower them to achieve specified and agreed goals and objectives.
The support from a Volunteer can help make a difference in someone’s life, even if it’s just a smile, so if you have time to volunteer and would like to help, please apply.
You must be willing to go through an induction process and relevant background checks; this role is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
- Encourage and spend some time chatting and listening to individuals helping to combat feelings of loneliness
- Help to brighten up a resident’s day
- Log volunteering hours monthly and submit expenses (where applicable) on-line.
- Complete minimum level training e.g. safeguarding and commit to further training relevant to role
- Be a good communicator
- Be committed to providing a good service
- Be patience
- Adhere to confidentiality guidelines
- Friendly and approachable manner
- Knowledge of dementia
Training will be provided where necessary and may be in the form of peer support, distance learning or trainer led.
Volunteers must have completed the required training before any activity can be undertaken and may be asked to regularly refresh training where required.
Required Age:18 years +
Woodhaven, Thorneyholme Road, Accrington, BB5 6BD