Baking Assistant – Dolphinlee House
Do you have a skill for baking that you would be able to share with others?
We are seeking a volunteer to assist a small group of our service users with their baking.
Older people services operates using quality services which are provided in a safe way for all residents.
Our core purpose is to provide high quality competitive, and person centred residential and day time support for the people of Lancashire.
Support from a Volunteer can help make a difference in someone’s life, even if it’s just a smile.
You must be willing to go through an induction process and relevant background checks; this role is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
As a baking support volunteer you will:
- Assisting a small group of service users with baking
- Actively support, encourage and empower the service user to achieve specified and agreed goals and objectives
- Encourage and spend some time chatting to residents helping to combat feelings of loneliness
- Help to brighten up a resident’s day
- Log volunteering hours monthly and submit expenses where applicable via an on-line computer system
- Complete minimum level training e.g. safeguarding and commit to further training relevant to role
The qualities we require of a baking support volunteer are:
- Good knowledge of baking and keen to share these skills with a small group of service users at the centre
- Have knowledge and awareness of dementia issues
- Be good communicators
- Be committed to providing a good service
- Be patient
- Adhere to confidentiality guidelines
- Be friendly and have an approachable manner
Training will be provided where necessary and may be in the form of peer support, distance learning or trainer led.
Volunteers must have completed the required training before any activity can be undertaken and may be asked to regularly refresh training where required.
Required Age:18 years +
Patterdale Road, Lancaster, LA1 3LZ