Baby Weigh Stay and Play Sessions – West Paddock Family Hub
We are seeking volunteers to help deliver our Baby Weigh Stay and Play sessions at the West Paddock Family Hub, Leyland every Friday from 9am to 11:30am.
These friendly sessions are a drop in session where a baby group is run alongside a health visitor who will weigh the baby and speak with the parents.
The need for volunteers to help assist the service, by helping under supervision to provide many of the activities and projects, is vital.
What are we offering to you?
• An opportunity to support parents, guardians and families with babies in the community
• Gain experience from volunteering for this opportunity
• Training and support
• An opportunity you can include on your CV
• Reimbursement of travel expenses
- Assisting staff to set up the area for sessions
- Welcoming attendees to the sessions and encourage participation
- Organise prams
- Arrange chairs
- Tidying up after the sessions
- Playing with children
- Other activities: in agreement with staff at the library
What are we asking for from you?
- Regular attendance at an agreed time
- A positive attitude to children and families
- Comply with the Volunteer Acceptable Use Guidelines
- Log volunteering hours monthly and submit expenses (where applicable) on-line
- Complete minimum level training e.g. safeguarding and commit to further training relevant to role
• Be a good communicator
• Have patience and understanding
• Have confidence when dealing with children and families
• Be friendly and approachable
• Be reliable and committed
E-Learning required for this role:
- Child Sexual Exploitation
- Data Security Awareness
- Health, Safety and infection prevention
- Prevent radicalisation
- Safeguarding Children Level 1
Volunteers must have completed the required training before any activity can be undertaken and may be asked to regularly refresh training where required. Training will be provided in the form of distance eLearning or trainer led.
This post is subject to enhanced DBS checking.
Required Age:16 years +
West Paddock Family Hub, Leyland, Lancs. PR25 1HR
Apply for this role
If you are interested in this opportunity, first contact the Service Manager for an informal chat. Following this, you can apply using the button below.
Please note: your application will be declined if no contact is made to the Service Manager before submitting your application.Apply Now