Baby Rhyme sessions – Pike Hill Library
Pike Hill Library are wanting a volunteer to help with delivering their Baby and Toddler Rhyme activity on a Monday morning 09:30-10:00.
These happy, friendly sessions are a good opportunity for babies and their parents/guardians to meet other people and to enjoy a sing-song.
The library service is continual involved with new projects to ensure they provide what is needed locally for all ages. By running regular events they endeavour to help tackle the issues leading to social isolation.
The need for volunteers to help assist the service, by helping under supervision to provide many of the activities and projects, is vital.
What are we offering to you?
• An opportunity to share your love of reading and working with children and young people
• An introduction programme and a designated member of staff as a contact for assistance and feedback
• Training and support
• An opportunity you can include on your CV
• Reimbursement of travel expenses.
Baby, Bounce and Rhyme:
- Assisting staff to set up the area for sessions,
- welcoming attendees to the sessions,
- organize prams,
- arrange chairs,
- singing the set songs,
- reading the chosen books,
- tidying up after the sessions.
- Other activities: in agreement with staff at the library.
What are we asking for from you?
• Regular attendance at an agreed time
• A positive attitude to young people
• Behave in accordance with library rules and regulations
• Comply with the Volunteer Acceptable Use Guidelines.
• Log volunteering hours monthly and submit expenses (where applicable) on-line
• Complete minimum level training e.g. safeguarding and commit to further training relevant to role
This is a Supporting Library Activities for Children Opportunity
• be a good communicator
• have patience and understanding
• have confidence when dealing with children and young people
• have an ability to patiently guide and instruct children and young people
• have an ability to get to know the children and young people and understand their interests and motivations
• be friendly and approachable
• be reliable and committed
Please speak to a member of library staff before applying
Volunteers must have completed the required training before any activity can be undertaken and may be asked to regularly refresh training where required. Training will be provided in the form of distance eLearning or trainer led.
Required Age:18 years +
Langwyth Road, Pike Hill, Burnley, BB10 3JX