Arts & Crafts Support – Broadfield House
Do you love doing arts and crafts?
We are seeking volunteers who love sharing their passion for arts and crafts with others. As an Arts and Crafts volunteer you will assist our residents to partake in small group activities within and around the home by sharing your hobby / craft skills to create activities for a small number of older people.
Do you have a few hours to spare each week to encourage and motivate other people?
Older people services operates using quality services which are provided in a safe way for all residents. Our core purpose is to provide high quality competitive, and person centred residential and day time support for the people of Lancashire.
Support from a Volunteer can help make a difference in someone’s life, even if it’s just a smile.
You must be willing to go through an induction process and relevant background checks; this role is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
The Tasks we require from our Arts and Crafts volunteers are:
- Encourage individuals to participate in 1:1 and group arts and crafts activities
- Arts and crafts
- Actively support, encourage and empower the service user to achieve specified and agreed goals and objectives
- Encourage and spend some time chatting to residents helping to combat feelings of loneliness
- Help to brighten up a resident’s day
- Log volunteering hours monthly and submit expenses where applicable via an on-line computer system
- Complete minimum level training e.g. safeguarding and commit to further training relevant to role
Arts and Craft volunteers need to:
- Be good communicators
- Be committed to providing a good service
- Be patience
- Adhere to confidentiality guidelines
- Be friendly and have an approachable manner
- Have knowledge and awareness of dementia issues
Training will be provided where necessary and may be in the form of peer support, distance learning or trainer led.
Volunteers must have completed the required training before any activity can be undertaken and may be asked to regularly refresh training where required.
Required Age:16 years +
Broadfield Drive, Leyland PR25 1NB, United Kingdom