Arts & Crafts Support – Leyland Day Centre
Do you love doing arts and crafts?
We are seeking volunteers who love sharing their passion for arts and crafts with others. As an Arts and Crafts volunteer you will assist our residents to partake in small group activities within the home, sharing your crafts skills.
Do you have a few hours to spare each week to encourage and motivate other people?
Older people services operates using quality services which are provided in a safe way for all residents, staff, volunteers and visitors. Our core purpose is to provide high quality person centred residential and day time support.
This role is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
- Encourage individuals to participate in 1:1 and group arts and crafts activities
- Actively support, encourage and empower the service user to achieve specified and agreed goals and objectives
- Encourage and spend time at those activities chatting to residents helping to combat feelings of loneliness
- Help to brighten up a resident’s day
- Log volunteering hours monthly on-line computer system
- Complete minimum level training
- Be good communicators
- Be committed to providing a good service
- Be patience
- Adhere to confidentiality guidelines
- Be friendly and have an approachable manner
- Have knowledge and awareness of dementia issues
Training will be provided in the form of distance eLearning.
Volunteers must have completed the required training before any activity can be undertaken and will be asked to regularly refresh training when required.
Required Age:16 years +
Leyland Day Centre, King Street, Leyland, PR25 1LE