Are you sitting comfortably?
Are you sitting comfortably? Then I’ll begin…Ansdell Library would like to the support of volunteers to help with the following children’s activities:
Baby Bounce & Rhyme – Thursday 10.30 – 11.00 am
Toddler Rhyme Time – Monday 10.30 – 11.00 am
You will be supporting the staff by helping to deliver these activities in the library.
Ansdell library is involved with new projects to ensure they provide what is needed locally for all ages, and by running regular group activities like these children’s sessions, they are endeavouring to help tackle issues that could lead to social isolation.
The need for volunteers to help assist the service, by helping under supervision to provide many of the activities and projects, is vital.
What are we offering to you?
- An opportunity to share your love of reading and working with children and young people
- An introduction programme and a designated member of staff as a contact for assistance and feedback
- Training and support
- An opportunity you can include on your CV
- Reimbursement of travel expenses.
Tasks – What does it entail?
- Baby, Bounce and Rhyme, Toddler rhyme time, Story Time sessions: Assisting staff to set up the area for sessions, welcoming attendees to the sessions, organize prams, arrange chairs, singing the set songs, reading the chosen books, tidying up after the sessions.
- Other activities: in agreement with staff at the library.
What are we asking for from you?
- Regular attendance at an agreed time
- A positive attitude to young people
- Behave in accordance with library rules and regulations
- Comply with the Volunteer Acceptable Use Guidelines.
- Log volunteering hours monthly and submit expenses (where applicable) on-line
- Complete minimum level training e.g. safeguarding and commit to further training relevant to role
Please speak to a member of Ansdell library staff before applying
- be a good communicator
- have patience and understanding
- have confidence when dealing with children and young people
- have an ability to patiently guide and instruct children and young people
- have an ability to get to know the children and young people and understand their interests and motivations
- be friendly and approachable
- be reliable and committed
Training will be provided where necessary and may be in the form of peer support, distance learning or trainer led.
Volunteers must have completed the required training before any activity can be undertaken and may be asked to regularly refresh training where required.
Required Age:18 years +
Ansdell Library 59 Commonside Ansdell Lytham FY8 4DJ