Activity Support required at Milbanke – Home for Older People
Milbanke are in need of Activity Support Volunteers to help their residents to take part in their many daily activity sessions.
Having the support from a Volunteer would help make a huge difference to the residents who are encouraged to take part. The sessions are held morning and afternoon, so you would be able to volunteer on a day and time that suits you. As an Activity Assistant volunteer you would act as a friend to residents and assist them to partake in small group activities. If you are able to share your hobby/ interest this could create a new group for a small number of older people.
Do you have a few hours to spare each week to help Milbanke?
Older people services operates using quality services which are provided in a safe way for all residents. Their core purpose is to provide high quality competitive, and person centred residential and day time support for the people of Lancashire.
Activities may include:-
- Actively support, encourage and empower the service user to achieve specified and agreed goals and objectives
- Reminisce activities for residents with dementia
- Baking with a small group
- Playing board games, cards, dominoes
- Arts and crafts
- Sharing your hobbies/interests
- Encourage and spend some time chatting to residents helping to combat feelings of loneliness
- Help to brighten up a resident’s day
- To log volunteering hours monthly and submit expenses (where applicable) on-line
- To complete minimum level training e.g. safeguarding and commit to further training relevant to role
- Be a good communicator
- Be committed to providing a good service
- Be patience
- Adhere to confidentiality guidelines
- Be friendly and have an approachable manner
- Have knowledge and awareness of dementia issues
Training will be provided in the form of peer support, distance learning or trainer led.
Volunteers must have completed the required training before any activity can be undertaken and may be asked to regularly refresh training where required.
This role is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Required Age:16 years +
Milbanke, 72 Station Road, Kirkham PR4 2HA