Activity Support required at Fosterfield Day centre
Do you enjoy sharing activities with others?
Fosterfield Day Centre would like volunteers to help support their day centre activities.
The volunteers are needed to help encourage and assist the residents to take part.
Do you have a few hours to spare each week?
Older people services operates using quality services which are provided in a safe way for all residents. Our core purpose is to provide high quality competitive, and person centred residential and day time support for the people of Lancashire.
Support from a Volunteer can help make a difference in someone’s life, even if it’s just a smile.
You must be willing to go through an induction process and relevant background checks; this role is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
What we require from our Activity Assistants
As an Activity Assistant volunteer you will act as a friend to residents and assist them to partake in small group activities.
If you are able to share your hobby/ interest this could create a new group for a small number of older people.
Activities may include:-
- Actively support, encourage and empower the service user to achieve specified and agreed goals and objectives
- Reminisce activities for residents with dementia
- Baking with a small group
- Playing board games, cards, dominoes
- Arts and crafts
- Sharing your hobbies/interests
- Encourage and spend some time chatting to residents helping to combat feelings of loneliness
- Help to brighten up a resident’s day
- To log volunteering hours monthly and submit expenses where applicable via an on-line computer system
- To complete minimum level training e.g. safeguarding and commit to further training relevant to role
Activity Assistant volunteers need to:
- Be good communicators
- Be committed
- Adhere to confidentiality guidelines
- Friendly and approachable manner
- Knowledge of dementia
Training will be provided where necessary and may be in the form of peer support, distance learning or trainer led.
Volunteers must have completed the required training before any activity can be undertaken and may be asked to regularly refresh training where required.
Required Age:18 years +
Eaves Lane Chorley PR6 0EY