Activity support for Crafternoon in St Annes
Whatever your craft you will be welcome at St Annes library!
Would you like to be involved with a creative Crafternoon group with crafts and company? This will be an opportunity for attendees to share crafting tips and ideas, meet new people and make new friends. Everyone is welcome, whether they are a dab hand or beginner. The group runs on a Tuesday afternoon 2-4pm.
The library service is continually involved with new projects to ensure they provide what is needed locally for all ages. By running these regular events they endeavour to help tackle the issues leading to social isolation.
The need for volunteers to help assist the service, by helping under supervision to provide many of the activities and projects, is vital.
What are we offering to you?
• An opportunity to share your love of reading and working with children and young people
• An introduction programme and a designated member of staff as a contact for assistance and feedback
• Training and support
• An opportunity you can include on your CV
• Reimbursement of travel expenses.
- Assisting with the preparation of craft materials prior to the events
- setting up the area for the sessions
- welcoming attendees to the session
- assisting with the various activities as required etc. helping to tidy up afterwards.
- Other activities: in agreement with staff at the library
What we are asking for from you:
• Regular attendance at an agreed time
• A positive attitude to young people
• Behave in accordance with library rules and regulations
• Comply with the Volunteer Acceptable Use Guidelines.
• Log your volunteering hours monthly and submit expenses (where applicable) on-line
• Complete minimum level training e.g. safeguarding and commit to further training relevant to role
• be a good communicator
• have patience and understanding
• have confidence when dealing with children and young people
• have an ability to patiently guide and instruct children and young people
• have an ability to get to know the children and young people and understand their interests and motivations
• be friendly and approachable
• be reliable and committed
Please speak to a member of library staff before applying
Training will be provided in the form of peer support, distance learning or trainer led.
Volunteers must have completed the required training before any activity can be undertaken and may be asked to regularly refresh training where required
Required Age:18 years +
St Annes library, 254 Clifton Dr S, Lytham Saint Annes FY8 1NR